Omar Carmona is the founding and managing partner at the law firm Carmona Law, P.A. Licensed to practice law in Florida and Puerto Rico, Mr. Carmona, focuses in family, bankruptcy, immigration, corporate and litigation. With respect to his international practice, Mr. Carmona devotes a substantial portion of his time assisting both businesses and individuals in obtaining temporary visas and permanent resident status as well as protection of the assets in the United States.
Born in Puerto Rico, Mr. Carmona relocated to the mainland United States at a young age. He attended Oviedo High School and completed two bachelor degrees at the University of Central Florida (UCF): Legal Studies and Spanish. He received a full scholarship from the same institution to complete a Master degree in Spanish and assisted Fulbright Professor Dr. Humberto Lopez Cruz in Spain. He later went on to receive his Juris Doctor, cum laude, at the Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico and completed internships and comparative international law classes in London and Spain and was part of the Law Review. Mr. Carmona served as a law clerk for Honorable Judge Daniel Domínguez of the Federal Court for the District of Puerto Rico. After graduating from law school, he went to work as a legal consultant for a Bankruptcy Trustee for the Middle District Bankruptcy Court of Florida. He worked as a legal consultant and associate attorney in charge of the bankruptcy section of a local family practice firm with offices in Tampa, Orlando, and Maitland. He was later hired by another local firm as an associate attorney to expand their practice into the areas of bankruptcy and civil law. More recently, Mr. Carmona was a founding partner of Melendez & Carmona, PA.
Mr. Carmona is licensed to practice law in Florida and Puerto Rico and represents clients in both jurisdictions. He practices virtually all types of cases in Puerto Rico.
Mr. Carmona is married to Zoraida Velasco.
Admitted to Following Bars
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, South District of Florida
- Puerto Rico
Areas of Practice
- Civil litigation
- Estate planning
- Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico (Juris Doctor, 2008)
- University of Central Florida (B.A. Spanish, B.A. Legal Studies 2003; M.A. Spanish 2005)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member and Ambassador for the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando
- Past Chair, HCCMO's Young Professionals Committee
- Former Chair Elect, Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund of Metro Orlando
- Seminole County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- UCF Alumni Association Government Relations Committee
- Legal Counsel, Ser Colombia, Inc.